| Servings: 4 |
Serving size: 2 pancakes
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Course: main meals
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unpacked light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 whole egg
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Mix unbleached flour and whole wheat flour together in a large bowl.
- Add the brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Stir to mix.
- Heat skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the liquid ingredients.
- Place one teaspoon of vegetable oil on griddle and use towel to rub over the griddle surface.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to spoon batter onto the griddle.
Serving suggestion: Top with maple syrup, pumpkin butter, or apple butter.
Makes about 8 pancakes. Serving = 2 pancakes.